Monday 11 May 2015

My Top 5 Autumn/Winter Lip Shades

Monday 11 May 2015


As the cooler weather rolls around, in come the vampy/berry lip shades. The best thing about these shades is that they look great one everyone, from light skin to dark (and they tend to make your teeth look whiter!), so I've compiled a list of my personal favourites...




MAC - Media
This would have to be my favourite one. It's a gorgeous deep red with some purple tones, however I particularly like this one because it doesn't leave a bright fuschia stain on the lips as so many other vampy shades do. The satin finish makes it easy to apply and comfortable on the lips, but still reasonably long lasting.

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #2
This is a great option for beginners or those who are scared to rock a full on dark lip, because it is a very sheer formula which just provides a wash of colour and is super easy to apply. It can however be built up, or worn over a dark liner to amp up the look. It honestly feels like a balm on the lips, it's THAT comfortable, and it wears off evenly leaving a pleasant tint.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick - 120 Cutting Edge
I think this was the first dark colour I ever bought. The colour reminds me a lot of MAC's Rebel - it leans more towards the purple/fuschia side and also has a satin finish. It can be darkened up with a lip liner, or sheered out to more of a fuschia stain.

Rimmel Kate Moss - 107
I think just about everyone has heard about this lipstick - beautiful colour and formula, and also super affordable! When built up it's a beautiful deep red with blue undertones, however it can be sheered out as a nice reddish-purple stain. I think this is the perfect red for winter time.

Maybelline ColorDrama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil - Berry Much 
This is one of the newest additions to my collection - a beautiful true berry colour that's not too pink but not too dark. It goes on creamy but eventually dries to quite a matte finish. Being a bright colour it inevitably needs reapplication after eating but otherwise lasts well. My favourite thing about these pencils (which I didn't realise would be so great until I used them) is the fact that the pointy tip allows you to define the lips perfectly without the need for a separate lip liner.


So that's all from me today.

Until next time..
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cara Jade Makeup © 2014