Wednesday 13 January 2016

My MAC Lipstick Collection

Wednesday 13 January 2016






Full Fuschia (Amplified)
This was given to me a while back and although it's not a colour that I'd usually go for, it's good to have in the collection. The amplified finish means it's super pigmented and creamy,  however I'm yet to actually wear it.

Pink Plaid (matte)
To me this shade is really underrated. It's the perfect pink - slightly warmer than Snob so in my opinion it's much more wearable. It's basically Angel in matte form. My favourite way to wear this is patted into the lips for a more subtle colour, perfect for the warmer months.

Peach Blossom (cremesheen)
I think this was my first ever MAC lipstick and I absolutely love it. It's the perfect peachy pink shade and the cremesheen finish means it's quite shiny, making it super comfortable. The colour is between a pink and a nude, so it's the perfect bridal lipstick, and I also use this on a lot of formal clients who aren't sure what colour lip to go for.

Patisserie (lustre)
Patisserie would have to be my all time favourite MAC lipstick - since depotting my lipsticks into their palette I need to buy a new one of these. It's the perfect "my lips but better" colour, and although some gold specks are visible in the bullet, they don't really show up on the lips - they just add a nice sheen. The lustre finish means it feels quite like a balm and the colour is sheer, so it's the perfect no brainer lipstick when you don't want to think about what to match it with.

Honey Love (matte)
This shade is more of a cool toned/muted nude compared to the others in my collection. I didn't like it on myself at first because I felt like it made me look a bit dead, however after wearing it for a little while it seems to settle in somehow and look nicer. It also looks nice paired with a darker liner to add some depth.

Jubilee (lustre)
I think this would have to be my second favourite MAC lipstick, just after Patisserie. It's so comfortable that is seriously feels like a lip balm when you apply it. The colour is a beautiful warm nude "MLBB" shade and it's perfect for both everyday and those times when you're unsure what lipstick to pair with the rest of your makeup. I can't recommend this lipstick enough.

Velvet Teddy (matte)
Velvet Teddy is quite a dark, warm nude that looks slightly different on everyone. I find it works best on medium-tanned skintones, as it can look a bit too light on darker skins and a bit grungey (borderline dirty) on pale skins (such as myself). This is definitely one of my most used lipsticks on clients, partly because the matte formula is guaranteed to stay on well, and also because the colour is so versatile. It pairs really nicely with Whirl lipliner by MAC.

Kinda Sexy (matte)
Kinda Sexy is kinda similar to Velvet Teddy, but a bit lighter and a bit warmer. I use this lipstick so often on clients, sometimes alone and sometimes mixed with Velvet Teddy. I find this lipstick to be quite long wearing, again probably due to its matte formula. It's a gorgeous peachy nude shade that I'd also recommend checking out.

Taupe (matte)
On me this lipstick is a dark, grungey brown, however on darker skins this lipstick is almost like a nude or "MLBB" colour. I love how versatile this lipstick is and I often use it to darken other lipsticks. The matte formula again makes it quite long wearing and this lipstick pairs nicely with "Whirl" lipliner as well.

Diva (matte)
Diva is a beautiful deep, blue-based red so it makes your teeth look super white. I honestly think this lipstick looks amazing on everybody, from extremely pale to extremely dark skins so I'd recommend it to absolutely anybody. This is also the perfect shade for creating an ombre lip, using a darker liner like MAC's Nightmoth around the edges.

Media (satin)
The satin formula is probably my least favourite of all lipsticks, therefore I don't find myself reaching for Media very often at all. I love the colour (a beautiful dark burgundy), however it wears off too quickly and does that ugly fade on the middle of the bottom lip thing that I hate, so I don't find myself using this lipstick much.

Viva Glam I (matte)
This is another MAC shade that I feel is extremely underrated. This shade has warm undertones, so I feel that it suits Asian skins and other warm toned skins much better than Ruby Woo or Russian Red. I also find sometimes that bright reds can look a bit clown-like on pale skin, but because Viva Glam I is a bit more muted, it doesn't have that effect. I know the packaging is kinda ugly because the pink and red clash, but I seriously recommend giving this lipstick a try if you're after a good red.

So that's it for my current MAC lipstick collection, did I mention any of your favourites? Next one on my list is Whirl, are there any other shades you guys recommend?

As always, thanks for reading.

Until next time

xx


4 comments:

  1. Love the collection! I only have 2 MAC lipsticks (Cosmo and Twig) and really want to build up a bigger collection. I've been meaning to try Velvet Teddy but every time I see it in person, it just doesn't seem to be flattering on me (it makes my teeth look yellow?!). I've never seen Jubilee before but it looks so beautiful, I might need to swatch it the next time I'm looking at MAC. Kinda Sexy looks really pretty too, like a MLBB shade! Have you tried the shades Persistence or Whirl? I find that I always choose shades that are very similar to each other...

    http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't end up loving velvet teddy as much as everyone else either! Maybe check out half n half or viva glam II, those are some really nice nudes as well. I haven't tried persistence but I tried on whirl and I loooooove it, probably next on my Wishlist! Xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my god can we just appreciate your collection, it's so gorgeous! I've had my eyes on Mehr and Brave for a while but now I feel like I just need to get Patisserie - it looks so gorgoeus for this time of the year and hey, you can never have too many mac nudes right? xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection - I have yet to buy a MAC lipstick, but it is on my wishlist for sure! :) Love your blog!
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete

Cara Jade Makeup © 2014