Monday 20 April 2015

Product Review | L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara

Monday 20 April 2015
Hi guys, long time no talk!

Today I thought I'd share with you guys my thoughts on the L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara. I did originally want to tell you guys about it earlier, but I've really struggled to decide how I feel about this mascara (I'm still not sure how I feel). I'll just tell you guys a bit about it.




When I first used this mascara, I didn't like it at all. I found the formula to be far too heavy and clumpy, and seemed to just weigh my lashes down rather than holding the curl. To be fair, it is a non waterproof mascara, so I didn't expect it to do amazing things in the curl-holding department, but I was still disappointed at how little it helped.

I also found the wand to be a bit difficult - the pointy part of the wand is designed to help catch the inner lashes and coat them - which it definitely does, however I find that too much product builds up there and ends up clumping up my inner lashes.



Aside from the shape of the wand, the bendy portion (as heyclaire mentioned in one of her recent videos) makes it difficult to really get in there and coat the lashes properly. I'm not sure what the purpose of the flexible wand is, but it doesn't really do any favours when it comes to trying to build up your lashes.

So as you can see, my first impressions of the mascara weren't particularly great... HOWEVER I've found that this is one of those mascaras that seems to get better over time. As it's dried out a bit now, I find the formula is dry enough to separate and build my lashes, and does a much better job of holding my curl. (Alternatively you could probably blot the wand off with a tissue for the first few times you use it which might help combat the wetness).

This has become my go-to every day mascara because it's easy to work with and is a bit easier to remove than waterproof mascaras, however this is definitely not my favourite ever mascara, and I'm not sure I would repurchase it.

TL;DR I didn't like it at first because both the wand and formula were difficult to work with and it weighed down my lashes, however as it dried out I became more fond of the formula, still not a fan of the wand.

All in all, I think this mascara is decent but not amazing. I'd rate it around a 7/10.

Hope this helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cara Jade Makeup © 2014