Monday 30 March 2015

Product Review | Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

Monday 30 March 2015
When I first tried this primer, I have to say my expectations weren't particularly high - I've never really found most primers to do that amazing of a job, however with this one I was pleasantly surprised.



Most primers on the market either claim to fill in your pores or make your makeup last longer - usually the former, and in my experience have basically never worked at both simultaneously. But that's where the Hourglass primer is different. This primer does an amazing job of keeping my makeup on, as well as drastically improving the overall appearance of my skin.

Aside from its great pore-blurring properties, the Hourglass primer provides  a m a z i n g lasting power to your makeup - even to dewey, short-wearing foundations and BB creams, and ESPECIALLY to foundations that are already long-wearing. Not only this but it also helps to keep your blush and bronzer in place longer, which I know is a common problem.

This primer is an absolute must for me on days when I need my makeup to last, and especially hot days (with the added benefit of SPF 15). Of course SPF does come with the inevitable issue of flashback in photos, and whilst I haven't personally experienced any issues with this, it may be more noticeable on darker skin.

It's worth noting that this primer does contain silicones which can cause breakouts for some people, however I've read reviews saying that people who have had trouble with silicone based primers in the past had no problems with this, so I guess it just depends on the person. Given the fact silicones aren't great for your skin, it might be wise to reserve this primer for use on special occasions or days when you know you need your makeup to last. Personally I haven't had any problems, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

I was given this for my birthday, in the trial size (10ml) which retails for $25 at Mecca. I'd definitely recommending going with the trial size if you're unsure, because not only does it allow you to try the product without buying the full size, but given the nature of the product and how little is required, should actually last a decent amount of time.

Pros:

  • Blurs pores (and fine lines)
  • Keeps makeup on
  • Keeps oil at bay
  • SPF 15+
  • Can be worn alone to improve appearance of skin
  • Feels soft and doesn't pill like other primers
  • Lovely packaging
  • A little goes a long way
Cons:
  • Expensive
  • Silicones may pose a problem for some people
  • May cause slight flashback in photos
Overall I'd say this product is great - definitely the best primer I've ever used and I'm beyond impressed. I would highly recommend this product - buy the trial size because it's quite affordable!

Hope this helped guys! 

Until next time,
Cara xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cara Jade Makeup © 2014