Saturday 28 June 2014

What (was) In My Makeup Bag!

Saturday 28 June 2014

I had been planning on making a "What's In My Makeup Bag" post for quite some time, however my bag was recently stolen, meaning I lost everything in it - phone, wallet, makeup bag and lots of other stuff. However I decided I would still show you guys what was in my makeup bag, seeing as these were a lot of my favourites and I'll most likely end up replacing them soon anyway. 

*I do not own any of the images used, all credit goes to original owners.*

If you would like to find out more about each of the products shown, read on.

  1. Revlon ColorStay Foundation (Combination/Oily) - 150 Buff ChamoisI know most of you have probably heard endless raves about this foundation. I heard about it soooo many times before I finally decided to give it a try, but when I finally did, I loved it. For those of you who don't know, my skin is quite troublesome and this foundation provides me with both the coverage and longevity that I need. 
  2. Illasmasqua Skin Base Lift Concealer - Light 1
    This product was a recent purchase which I wrote about previously - click here to read about it.
  3. Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat Comfort Radiance Compact Makeup 
    Unfortunately I can't remember what shade this was in. Luckily this was almost used up - I would be shattered if it had been near full and I'd lost it. This powder foundation was lovely and luxurious, however I think I still prefer Mac Studio Fix for that extra bit of coverage. 
  4. Shiseido Eyelash Curler
    Personally having tried the Shu Uemura eyelash curler, I still much preferred this one. Different eyelash curlers work for different eye shapes and I found that this particular curler worked well for me. I'm not trying to decide whether to repurchase this one or try a different one (maybe tweezerman perhaps? Suggestions welcome.)
  5. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder - Transparent 
    This is another one of those products that you constantly hear about. I can't say whether I think this product particularly lives up to its hype, but as far as translucent powders go, this does the job. It sets makeup well and mattifies the skin. It seems to keep oil at bay, so for it's price I'd say it's definitely worth trying. 
  6. Elf Studio Complexion Brush
    I love this brush because not only is it super super cheap, but it has a short handle, therefore it's perfect for taking on the go as it fits easily into small makeup bags. For its price it is great quality and definitely worth purchasing. 
  7. Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush
    This brush comes in the "starter set", which is a set of eye brushes. I also lost the angled brush and base shadow brush from this set. As much as I love Real Techniques brushes, one thing that annoys me is how certain brushes only come in certain sets, although I've finally lost enough brushes from this set to justify repurchasing it. 
  8. Urban Decay Primer Potion - Original
    Another product that you hear about over and over again. As soon as I started using this, it became a staple in my every day routine. It honestly just makes any eye makeup (whether it be shadow or liner) last all day. When I use this my eye makeup no longer smudges and my eyelids don't get oily at all. I put off trying this for so long and I don't know why. If you were eye makeup regularly and haven't tried an eyeshadow primer, I would 1000000% recommend trying one. Just remember that a little bit of product goes a long way. 
  9. Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette - Surreal Skies
    This palette was a gift from my best friend Joan. I'm so shattered that I lost it both for it's sentimental value, and for that fact that it was just such a handy palette to have. I mainly only used the white shade, light brown shade and dark brown shade as they were perfect for every day, however the palette also contained two shimmery/metallic warm pink/copper kind of colors which are lovely for creating a more exciting look. I also loved this palette because the packagine was so beautiful and it had a nice big mirror which was perfect for doing my makeup on the go. I'm so upset that I lost this.
  10. Mac Satin Eyeshadow - Cork
    I remember I wanted this eyeshadow for ages, and a couple of friends gave it to me as a present about two years ago. Since then I used this eyeshadow almost every single day. For me it's the perfect warm brown to use through the crease, and the color is buildable, so you can make the look more dramatic if you want to. I think this is the first eyeshadow that I have ever come close to finishing, so that's saying something. I absolutely love this and if I can't find another eyeshadow that does the same job, I might repurchase it. 
  11. Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara - Waterproof
    This mascara is cheap and does a great job at volumising and lengthening the lashes, and the waterproof formula provides lift and holds curl. 
  12. Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner - Blackest Black
    I'm not sure if this is a particularly amazing liquid liner, but I do continually repurchase it just because it's cheap and it does the job. I'm used to the applicator now so it works for me and I find it stays in place all day without flaking or smudging. 
  13. Mac 217 brush 
    This brush is the most handy eye brush ever. I believe everybody should own one, if not several of these. I'm shattered that I lost this but at least I have two more of them (that's how much I love this brush).
  14. Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil - 02 Hot Chocolate
    This eye pencil is so cheap and just wonderful. I use it every single day and I don't think I could use any other now. I've been meaning to write a separate review on a few Essence products that I've been loving, but this in particular is just amazing and so so cheap. Definitely a must try!
  15. Essence Eyebrow Designer - 02 Dark Brown
    As far as brow pencils go, this one was a bit too soft for me. I prefer hard, waxy pencils as they create a more natural look. I bought this pencil just to try it and just kept it in my makeup bag for times when I needed a quick fix. I probably won't repurchase this product. 
  16. Boots 07 Sheer Temptation Lipstick
    I found this product completely by accident one day on a clearance shelf at Target. It was super cheap (around $2 I'm pretty sure). I'm not even sure why Target was stocking Boots products - I've never seen any in Australia before. I'm also not sure what shade this lipstick was but it was just a great every day lipstick. The color was reddish with a hint of brown, so it wasn't too bright, and the texture was lovely and sheer and moisturizing. I really wish I knew where to buy this again because it was just so handy and great for every day. 
As unfortunate as it was to lose all of these products, it's sort of forced me to start using things that I otherwise would have just neglected. I have replaced some of these products, however I also plan on taking the opportunity to try some new things. I'll try to do an updated "What's In My Makeup Bag" post once I have everything that I want in there, although I'm still in the process of replacing things.

I am trying to update more frequently now that I'm on holidays, I should have a haul post up for you guys soon. Until next time... all the best! 

Cara Jade Makeup © 2014