Monday 16 March 2015

My Holy Grail Brush Cleaner

Monday 16 March 2015
I've tried my fair share of brush cleaners - from shampoos to hand soaps to brush cleaners, and even the old dishwashing detergent + olive oil, but this one is by far the winner. Out of everything I've tried, this is the quickest and most effective product, with several added benefits.



Read on to find out more!


Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap is marketed as an "18-in-1" multipurpose soap "optimized for the face and body". There's plenty of information about the many uses of this product online (try this article), but it seems the most popular uses are as a face wash, body wash and shampoo. This soap is certified fair trade and 100% organic, so for those who are into that stuff, that's a giant plus.

One of the best things about this product is that you literally only need about 1-2 drops to clean each brush COMPLETELY, meaning that this bottle will last you ages. I've never found any other brush cleaner to be so effective at removing ColorStay stains and lipstick stains from my brushes (AND my beauty blender!!!) - it seriously works like an absolute dream.

This product comes in eight different fragrances and can be purchased from most Organic/Health Food/Eco Friendly stores, but I bought mine from David Jones. The 238ml bottle cost $8.95, and  considering how little you use, I think that's pretty damn good value. It also comes in a huge bottle, which may be more appropriate if you're using it as a body wash/shampoo etc. I originally wanted the Peppermint fragrance, but that was out of stock so I settled for the Cherry Blossom (which is also lovely). If you're having trouble deciding on a fragrance, I'd suggest having a sniff of the bar soap versions, because you can smell the fragrance through the paper on those.

One of the other benefits worth mentioning is that given the organic nature of this product, you can rest assured that it's safe, not only for your brushes but for your face too. The ingredients are very gentle meaning they wont cause any damage to even your natural hair brushes, and if there happens to be any residue left over in the bristles, there's no need to stress about it causing any harm to your skin because this product is designed to be used on the face.

So as you can tell I absolutely love this stuff - I'd recommend it to absolutely anybody looking for a new brush cleaning solution - or even those who already have a HG brush cleaner - give this a try, you won't regret it.

Hope you guys enjoyed! Until next time,
Cara xx

1 comment:

  1. yay! definitely getting one after I choose a scent or maybe get more than one :P

    ReplyDelete

Cara Jade Makeup © 2014