Tuesday 23 December 2014

Product Review | Bondi Sands Gradual Tanning Milk

Tuesday 23 December 2014


For those of you who aren't familiar with gradual tanners, basically they are a moisturiser that contains a small amount of tanning agent, so when applied regularly they have a... gradual tanning effect. I personally prefer gradual tanners over actual fake tans for several reasons. 

Firstly they're a lot more forgiving than fake tans - because one application alone does not apply a lot of colour, gradual tanners are far less susceptible to streaking and patchiness. This is especially good if you're new to fake tan. 

Secondly the result is far more natural than a regular fake tan. Obviously not a pro if you're after a super dark tan, but if you're looking for a light, natural looking tan, this is your product. I find this to be a good option during winter when you might want to add a bit of colour back into your skin without actually looking too tanned. 

Thirdly, gradual tanners can be used to extend the life of a spray tan or fake tan. Applied in place of a moisturiser they can help even out any faded areas and add a bit of colour back in, as well as the obvious moisturising benefit which we all know is a must to help the longevity of your tan.

Finally, because there is so little colour in it compared to a fake tan, you can get away with wearing it it during the day without leaving marks all over clothes and furniture, or if you decide to apply it before you sleep, less stains on your sheets. 

Now we know a bit about gradual tanners, so what do I think of this Bondi Sands one in particular? 




I've tried quite a few tanning products in my time, however this is the one I've been using most recently. I picked this up when Priceline was doing a sale on Bondi Sands a few months ago, and have been using it since. 

The first thing I noticed about the Bondi Sands Gradual Tanning Milk is the smell. Unlike most other tanning products, it has a pleasant smell (comparable to cocoa butter). Previous to this product I was using the Dove Summer Glow Gradual Self Tan, which has (in my opinion) a very unpleasant smell, which worsens over time, meaning I always had to wash it off before I went out. The Bondi Sands one however has a pleasant enough smell to be applied morning or night. 

Another winning point of the Bondi Sands Gradual Tanning Milk for me is the fact that it dries to a non-greasy finish quite quickly, again, meaning I can apply it in the morning and dress soon afterwards. 

I find the colour to be very natural on me (I'm naturally very pale - around NW15-20). The first application doesn't add a whole lot of colour but it makes me look less pasty. 2-3 days in a row of application gives a nice, natural looking tan. It doesn't get super dark, but it definitely makes me look like I've seen the sun. From what I've heard, it has a similar effect on darker skin than mine as well - I think it just adds a couple of shades to most skin. 

I've been absolutely loving this product. It's affordable, easy to use and has a lovely effect. I would highly recommend giving this a try. 

Pros:
  • Easy to use
  • Natural effect
  • Pleasant smell!!!
  • Affordable
Cons:
  • Not good if you're after a super dark tan

Overall rating = 9.5/10 

So would I recommend this product? Definitely!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cara Jade Makeup © 2014