Monday 2 March 2015

NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

Monday 2 March 2015

3 pumps (more than enough to cover my entire face)



We've all heard mixed reviews on this foundation but personally I like it (so far). I think whether or not you'll like it depends a lot on your skin type and the type of finish you like. Read on to find out if this is the foundation for you.


I bought this last friday from Mecca Cosmetica at Myer. It retails at $64, which is obviously quite pricey but that's just to be expected from Nars, especially in Australia. I think it's worth mentioning that this foundation DOES come with a pump, so there's no need to buy one.

I'm in the shade Mont Blanc (Light 2), which is a light shade with pink undertones. (For reference I'm around NW15-20). It's a pretty good colour match for me, although I usually avoid foundations with too much pink, I find this one is okay, and the shade lighter (Siberia) washed me out way too much so this was the best option. There's plenty of swatches of all the shades available online if you guys are interested.

Now let's talk about the formula. This foundation comes out surprisingly liquidy - although one pump releases a very small amount of product, I'd say two pumps is easily enough to cover the whole face. The thin consistency means the product is easy to spread and has a very "weightless" feel (as the name suggests), however it does dry quickly so it's best to work fast and in small sections of the face.

I'd say it gives a medium-full coverage, although this is subjective depending on the type of coverage you're used to. It's definitely buildable so if you're after a bit more coverage you can always add another layer. The finish is quite matte (although not completely), and I do find I get a bit oily during the day with this foundation so on my skin, this foundation does need to be set with a powder. I haven't yet tried it out in photos, but given the good coverage and lovely demi-matte finish, as well as the fact it does not contain SPF, I'd say this foundation would photograph beautifully.

If you're the type of person who loves their BB creams, or sheer, natural, glowy looking foundations, this probably isn't the one for you, nor would I recommend it for particularly oily skin. I think this foundation would be great on people with dry-normal skin, or even combination skin (such as myself), or those who love ColorStay/Studio Fix type foundations but are after something that feels thinner and more lightweight on the skin.

I do understand why this foundation has mixed reviews - it certainly has its pros and cons, which in my opinion are:

Pros:

  • Goes on nicely
  • Medium-full coverage (buildable)
  • Great shade range
  • Beautiful packaging
  • Lovely demi-matte finish with a very slight glow
  • Comes with a pump!!!
Cons
  • Expensive
  • May catch onto any texture on the skin (eg. large pores or dry skin)
  • May be too heavy on people with already perfect skin
  • Seems to get oily after about 4 hours 


Bottom line, the only way to find out if a foundation is right for you is to try it. If you're considering buying it, I would recommend going into Mecca and asking for a sample to try it out first, because $64 is a big commitment for something you might not end up liking.

Personally I like it so far, but I'm not sure whether this is going to be holy grail material or not. I'll keep you guys updated.

Hope this helped guys!

Until next time


Follow my blog on bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cara Jade Makeup © 2014